All of our animals are vet-checked, spayed/neutered, vaccinated, treated for fleas and worms, and microchipped before going to their new homes.
When you open your home to a cat or dog from the SPCA St. John’s, you’re giving them a second chance at happiness! Read below for details about the SPCA St. John’s adoption process.
Steps to adopting A cat:
- View our adoptable cats online
- Come to our centre (or to PetSmart, Critters N Things or PetZone locations) and meet our kitties
- Speak to a staff member about which pet is right for you!
Steps to adopting A dog:
- View our adoptable dogs online. Read their personality profiles.
- Come to our centre and request to meet a specific dog.*
- Speak to a staff member about whether your home is a good match for this dog
*Please note: We don’t have a public dog viewing room – it can get very stressful for our dogs to have unfamiliar humans walking in and out all the time! Instead, we’ll bring the dog to a private room to meet you.